This years spring break skirt took the long way around. I chose to do the ruffle skirt first. All the pieces of the skirt and ruffles were cut out last Friday at craft night, and the plan was to whip it together on Saturday. Only you saw my snag - serging tension. This snag reminded me so much of my shirring snag a few years ago. Saturday was spent in research and testing to no avail. Monday I unearthed the information that fixed the problem.
The base skirt was made used this tutorial. I did not even take into consideration that it was a bias skirt which means stretching. After I serged both the edges and ruffled all those miles for the ruffle, I realized that in order for the skirt to stretch like it needs to the ruffle would have to be sewn onto the skirt using a stretch stitch, which my machine will NOT do. I have a Brother, and the first thing to go was the zigzag stitch. Agh! So yes, another snag.