I am about to be submerged until July 9th. The VBS theme this year is under the sea (SeaQuest). Sooo fun! What better way to find crafts for my preschoolers than utilizing the resources at the library. I went searching for this one. From all the sticky tabs at the top you can see how useful this book was to me.
1. When it says "Creative Learning Experiences for 3 to 7-Year-Olds" it really means it! The projects/activities in this book are perfect for that age group.
2. The craft projects. Duh! They are really easy for the children, and not too much preparation for me as the teacher. And fun! Actually, I'm in love with the paper plate seahorses. I'm making a ton of them to use for decorating my seascape. I used my finger to "brush" glitter glue onto the fan and glued sequins to the tummy.
3. The suggested learning activities/games are fun and educational at the same time. Can't wait to toss some seaweed (green bath pouf) around with the kids.
4. Poems and rhymes. This poem is to be said while playing the game "London Bridge".
5. Story Corner. At the end of a 4 hour session with the kids I'm pretty tired and so are they. What better way to decompress than to read some fun books together!
We'll have more fun than Ariel and all her friends in our underwater adventure thanks to this book!